If you’re like most people on social media, Facebook is your favorite way to waste time and share photos. But did you know that Facebook can be a powerful tool for networking? And do you know how to change the name of the Facebook group?
Facebook was created as a social utility in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg. This platform has grown from a simple website to one of the world’s most popular networks. With over a whopping 1 billion active users worldwide, it’s no wonder why so many companies and organizations have joined up with this network.
See Also: How To Block A User On Reddit?
It is believed that one of the best ways to market your business is through social media, mainly through Facebook. A study found that 83% of small businesses use Facebook for marketing. Social Media Examiner found that 79% of all marketers have or will soon have a Facebook page for their business.
If you aren’t using social media, you’re going to be missing out on a huge opportunity, especially if you own a local business or work in sales or self-promotion.
Reasons to Change Group Title on Facebook:
- One of the foremost reasons to change the group title is when your target audience has shifted. Just think about it: your group’s title will be the first thing people see, and if it doesn’t appeal or align with them, they may not come back to your group.
- Another reason could be that you would like to bring in a new target audience who will enjoy coming into your group. For example, say you have a cooking/foodie-related Facebook Group about creating unique recipes for your family. Perhaps now it’s time for you to expand on your fishing and outdoor pursuits? The point is this: You need to modify the name of your Facebook Group when necessary because of shifting demographics or tastes in general.
- Title changes are easy with some companies. However, if your company is not one of them and needs help with this task, you may be out of luck. You will find advice for changing Facebook group names here, so go ahead and get started!
- The title changes are easy to perform with some companies. Others require that the person asking the question proactively reach out to their support team. If your company is not one of them and you find yourself struggling with this task on your own, you may be out of luck and need outside help effectively changing a Facebook group name.
See Also: How To See Deleted Comments On Reddit?
How to Change Name of Facebook Group
The followings steps shows how to change Name of Facebook group on Desktop and Mobile
How to Change Name of Facebook Group On Desktop
Changing the name of your Facebook group is a pretty simple task, but it does depend on how you want to do it. Following are the steps to change the group name:
First of all, you will have to be the group administrator. Or you have to be the one who created the group. Only admins have the right to change the group name or description.
- Click on the name of the group you wish to alter once you’ve logged in to your Facebook account on your PC or Mac computer. If you’re having difficulties finding the group, check for it on the left side of your screen under “Shortcuts.”
- Under the header’s image, there will be more options with three dots. Just click them.
- To change your group’s name, click on the field where the group’s name locates next to “Group Name.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click “Save” once you’ve typed the name you want.
- As long as you entered the correct Facebook name, your group will call that. The name change may be automatically notified to other group members by Facebook.
See Also: How To Change Twitter Handle [Complete Guide]
How to Change Name of Facebook Group On Mobile Phones
Similar to desktops, you have to be a group admin to change the group names. The following steps should be taken to change the group’s name on a mobile phone!
- Click on the Facebook app on your iPhone or Android and tap the Menu symbol (three horizontal lines) in the screen’s upper-right corner.
- Select “Groups” from the drop-down menu, then select the name of your group. For help finding it, go to “Your Groups” and then to “Groups You Manage.”
- The shield-like icon can be found in the top-right corner of the screen. Tap that. A popup menu appears. There Click on “Group Settings.”
- Select “Name and Description” from the drop-down menu
- Type a new name for your group in the space beneath “Grp ouName.” Tap “Save” in the top-right corner after you’re finished.
See Also: How To Cancel Spotify Premium On IPhone
Consequences of Facebook Name Change
On a concluding note, you must consider some of the things that may result from the name change. They can be:
- Membership Drop
- Loss of Follower, no more interaction in the group, and being forced out. If a member leaves, it is like a domino effect. Everyone would leave your group if only one or two friends left before them. If you follow these practical steps, you will be able to change the name of Facebook Group with ease on your own!
- Bad PR attached to your group’s new title and description could also spark negative attention or create lousy blood among other members of your group.
- As a group administrator, you will have to manage your group and be an active member and maintain it. You may have to continuously post things, manage the group’s posts and updates, or even invite a new admin to replace you if you are not keeping up with your job.
- Facebook use is often associated with the business world, so if your clients use it, they could feel a lack of professionalism or create doubt about your brand.
See Also: Should I Use KODI? [An Open Source Media Center Application]
Changing the name of your Facebook group is a pretty simple task, even on a desktop or on your mobile phone. Changing the name will also depend on how original and unique the original title of your Facebook Group was. If it didn’t attract too many people, there isn’t much point in changing it.
See Also: 5 BEST TORRENT DOWNLOADER FOR ANDROID|UPDATED LIST OF 2023
Jackie Thomas (Twitter) is TechBowl’s US computing editor. She is fat, queer, and extremely online. Computers are the devil, but she just happens to be a satanist. If you need to know anything about computing components, PC gaming, or the best laptop on the market, don’t be afraid to drop her a line on Twitter or through email.